29 September 2005

Ginger


Combing through iPhoto today and found this. Ginger was the sweetest of the Freedom Ride horses I met at their annual Derby Day Soiree fundraiser last May. I wasn't as confident approaching some of the others!

Spent some time with Kat last week. Standing in a stall while she cleaned her horses' feet and described how much grain they eat (Scully-dog scavenged any bits Sienna scattered off the floor), it shocked me to realize how much fear I seem to have developed over the years. From horse-crazy adolescent to wary adult; when did that happen? But I do miss riding in the desert; and marvel at memories of myself going out to catch my ornery horse at John's place, pushing hard in the dark to reach the river by moonrise, and keeping up with Tom while he gave Brandy a workout. Only ten years and a lifetime ago; was that me?

No comments: