17 September 2005

Bottle Blue

That's the name of the color we finished painting our library/office room today. It's a fabulous, medium-darkish sort of blue (picture a bottle) and will provide a great backdrop for our sci-fi and fantasy collectibles. In addition to painting, we also hung new wood blinds, picked up a neat counterweight desk lamp, and--after much debate and re-arranging--agreed on a new furniture layout. All in all, a very productive day.

I always feel connected with Scott when we "project" together. Certainly there are moments when I want to tell him off! But his style has loosened up (he eyeballs and freehands now!), and mine seems to be getting more present and practical; I resist his suggestions less and I think he's more open to mine. My highlight was when he finally expressed his frustration with the old furniture layout, particularly that he didn't like being crowded and having my things all over his desk! That rare admission instantly broke through my irritation; I laughed and together we looked for ways to solve that problem.

And somewhere inbetween all that, we rescued a baby squirrel!

No comments: