31 July 2005

I'm Back

Just returned this evening from the Southern Living At HOME national convention in Atlanta. I'm reeling... so much inflow, so much to process! A few highlights: Sandi Patty... Tom Barret... David Phelps... a new compensation plan that brings qualifications in line with target behaviors (really the first tumbler in the lock that made me consider committing the Year that Jerry asked us for)... Connie Ashburn and Lori Grimes revelation that 2.5 years (where I am) is the place where many feel they are working harder and earning less, and that this is the ONE-YARD LINE, and many give up before making the touchdown, which comes in years 3-5 (the second major tumbler to click in my head). Diane Mooney saying that when we ask someone to join us, we are really saying "I've got to get you into my life!" Loving on Brenda and Kelly, and being loved on by them--that connection all weekend was what I needed most, and made me feel most warm and alive. Discharge, lots of it, and not in any of the places I expected. A stunning note from Katie... wow, in one weekend, this is what she gets from me? Holy cow. Have not yet been able to fully receive it.

No comments: