14 April 2005

Trixie's Insight

Today's Hi & Lois strip:
Hi_and_Lois
[Source: Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Hi and Lois]

Unbelievable! It seems that when I'm ready to deal with something, it uses every possible venue to get in my face! It's probably more accurate to say that as the next challenge surfaces, I become conscious of "clues" that are always present but that I have never noticed in that particular way. The last couple of weeks have been about women: my inability to trust them, get close to them, and "fit in" (not even wanting to). Everything from the topic I chose to complete a process in group, to my experience at a home show, to a chance email from the men's game night gang, even the clothes I've been picking out lately have all pointed in the same direction. What I get from this comic is, it's not just me... Marcie says to start looking at the ways women are wounded and really having empathy for them. Even the comic strip baby gets it!

No comments: